Power Ranking System
District 1 Girls Soccer Power Rankings
METHOD OF SEEDING / POWER RATING SYSTEM
(All schools on your schedule are included in your calculations)
WIN POINTS — 5 points for each win.
TIE POINTS — 2.5 points for each tie.
SCHEDULE POINTS — winning percentage of each opponent on your schedule X 5.
BONUS POINTS — the winning percentage of the team that your team defeated X 12 and the winning percentage of the team that your team tied X 6.
The power ranking is determined by dividing the sum of all the win points, tie points, schedule points, and bonus points by the number of games that you played.
It is strongly recommended that you play all 18 games. All games should be completed by the day prior to the seeding meeting.
Tournament winners follow the bracket. Teams are not re-seeded as the tournament advances.
Note: All regular season contests must be completed before the start of the Seed meeting.
Post-season games for non-District One opponents can count towards the team's overall records. However, District One school's Post-Season League Playoff and Championship games do not count towards the power ranking system.
Final Rankings are Unofficial until 12:00 the day after the Seed Meeting
Tie breaking Procedures for Final Season Standings (the process stops when the one criteria breaks the tie).
- Head to Head Competition.
- Compare the win-loss-tie record of common opponents of the tied schools using 5 points for a win, 2.5 points for a tie, 0 points for a loss.
- Compare the win-loss-tie records of the regular season contest for each tied school that were used to determine the rankings (using the point system described above).
- Determine the winning percentage of the common opponents that the tied schools played.
- Determine the winning percentage of the regular season opponents that the tied schools played.
- Determine which team yielded the fewest points, goals (or games for GVB) when they played each other during the regular season.
- Determine which of the tied teams yielded the fewest points, goals (or games for GVB) when they played against common opponents.
- Determine which of the teams yielded the fewest points, goals (or games for GVB) when they played against their regular season opponents.
- Coin Flip - Conducted by the D1 Chairman